MACs in the PC World
From: email@example.com (Leigh Brooks)
Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry about the behind the
scenes use of Macs in the Wintel world. It has reinforced what I thought
to be true that publishing, packaging, and advertising are Mac
strongholds. The results were amazing, but remember this is information
as I was given it - I haven't verified these.
Here are some of the things created on Macintosh for the Wintel World:
- The Win95 logo was created with FreeHand on a Macintosh.
- IBM's Aptiva point-of-purchase materials and the boxes they ship in.
- IBM office building in Victoria, BC, Canada was designed an a Mac.
- Intel's Flying Pentium Ads (rendered with Electric Image) Electric Image's URL: http://www.electricimg.com/
- The graphics for Sun Microsystems web site.
- The graphics for Microsoft Network.
- IBM's print advertising.
- Gateway 2000's print advertising.
- Dell Computer's print advertising.
- Midwest Micro's print advertising.
- Outdoor advertising for Microsoft Magazine.
- Print advertising and materials for Microsoft.
- Windows95 packaging.
- Advertising for Microsoft in Sweden.
- Italian advertising campaign for Win95
- PC Magazine.
- PC World magazine.
- Windows Magazine.
- Windows Sources magazine.
- Computer Shopper magazine.
- Next Magazine.
- Visual Basic Magazine.
- The weekly Microsoft internal newsletter MicroNews.
- Many televsion spots are edited with Avid (a Mac based digital video
system), including the IBM and Microsoft spots.
|| Return to Urban Myths || Go to Net47 ||
9/9/96 Email Webmaster